Everything you need to know about CEIT services
Nicole Chiu, CEIT
As a Douglas College student, you have a variety of services at your fingertips, including IT services provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology (CEIT).
Here’s what you need to know to start your semester with confidence:
- College Network Access (CNA): To log into the College computers, Wi-Fi, Blackboard and other network-related services, use your CNA username: nine-digit student number / password: for first access, your password will be generated randomly and emailed to you after you’re registered for at least one course. For the Wi-Fi, connect to the Douglas College Internal network.
NOTE: For security, change your randomly generated password on the first login.
- CNA Password Portal: Register your personal email address (not your College email address) or phone number at password.douglascollege.ca. If you ever forget your CNA password, use the Portal to reset and create a new password.
- Blackboard: This is your one-stop portal to online courses and academic resources. Find out what else it offers on the Student Resources section. To access Blackboard from douglascollege.ca, hover over the Login drop-down menu at the top and select Blackboard-Community. Use your CNA credentials to log in.
- Microsoft Office 365: This Canadian cloud service gives all registered students free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, one terabyte of OneDrive storage and a new College email address. Use this email address and your CNA password to log in to Office 365. The Office 365 address is sent to the personal email you provided to Douglas. Check more information and the FAQs for details.
- myAccount: Here you’ll find essential tools, such as course registration, waitlists and tuition fees. To log in, use your nine-digit student number and PIN – by default, your six-digit birthdate followed by Douglas (DDMMYYDouglas). If your default PIN was generated before April 29, 2019, your default PIN is your birthdate only (DDMMYY).
NOTE: You’ll be prompted to change this PIN at your first access for security reasons.
- Printing: Every semester you may print up to 300 pages for free from any machine (libraries, computer labs or the New West glassed-in area in the concourse, a.k.a. the Fishbowl). For extra copies, use the PayPrint stations at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New West) and room A2030 (Coquitlam). Your quota is reset to 300 pages at the beginning of each semester. Consider the environment and print only what’s necessary.
- Lynda.com: This online resource offers thousands of video courses on a variety of different topics taught by industry experts. This subscription-based tool is available free for all Douglas College students with College Network Access (CNA) credentials.
- Eduroam: Access free Wi-Fi at other post-secondary institutions by using your Douglas College credentials. To log in, username: email@example.com / password: Your CNA password
For a list of participating Canadian institutions, visit: canarie.ca/identity/institutions/
- CEIT Support: Our Service Desk provides over-the-phone assistance with password/PIN resets, login issues and wireless connectivity, and technical support. For one-on-one technical assistance on campus, try our Students Helping Students service.