Campus events: April 1–5
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, April 1
- Free DCBA Tax Clinic – 10am–5pm in the DSU Building, 1st floor, New Westminster Campus. The clinic is free for all Douglas College students and the public (with income restrictions). On until April 10.
- Art exhibition: Chapan Snares Rabbits – 10am–5pm at the Amelia Douglas Gallery, New Westminster Campus. View the latest works of Burnaby artist Michelle Sound, inspired by her indigenous heritage. Chapan is a Cree word for great-grandparents as well as your descendants. Free and open to the public. On show until April 20.
- Infinity tricks ‘n tricks ‘n tricks …!!! – 7–8:30pm in the Movement Studio, New Westminster Campus. Presented by the DSU Hoop Club. In this upbeat workshop, learn tricks to move on both sides in one fluid motion and create infinity moves.
- Zappostrophe! – 7:30pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Part of the Spring 2019 Concert Series, the evening features the music of Frank Zappa. Directed by Blair Fisher. General admission $10, seniors $5, students free. Tickets at the door.
Tuesday, April 2
- National Biomechanics Day – 10:30am–1:30pm in the Movement Analysis Lab, room N2223 at the New Westminster Campus. Check out some awesome activities to find out more about your personal biomechanics. Activities are open to everyone and space is unlimited!
- An evening of Jazz – 7:30–9pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Part of Spring 2019 Concert Series, the event features the Douglas College Dues Band, directed by Jill Townsend, with special guests Impressions Big Band. Presented by the Music Department. General admission $10, seniors $5, students free. Tickets at the door.
Thursday, April 4
- Student Showcase Concert – 1pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Presented by Arts at One, the afternoon features Long & McQuade Student Recognition Awards.
- Prideful Easter – 4:30–6:30pm in room 110, Douglas Students’ Union Building at the New Westminster Campus. Join DSU Pride Collective’s event for games, food and some good vibes.
- Current Soundwaves VIII – 7:30–9pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Presented by the Music Department, the event features outstanding projects by Music Technology Diploma grads and performances by the Douglas College Fusion Bands. Directed by Robert Caldwell. Free admission.