Campus events: March 11–15
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, March 11
- Free DCBA Tax Clinic – 10am-5pm in the DSU Building, 1st floor, New Westminster Campus. The clinic is free for all Douglas College students and the public (with income restrictions). On until April 30.
- Art exhibition: Chapan Snares Rabbits – 10am-5pm at the Amelia Douglas Gallery, New Westminster Campus. View the latest works of Burnaby artist Michelle Sound, inspired by her indigenous heritage. Chapan is a Cree word for great-grandparents as well as your descendants. Free and open to the public.
- Native Hoop Dance with Alex Wells – 7–8:30pm in the Movement Studio, New Westminster Campus. Three-time World Champion Hoop Dancer Alex Wells from Lil’wat Nation, Mount Currie, will share traditional values of Native Hoop Dance, which includes several elements of storytelling— legends, artwork and family design.
Tuesday, March 12
- DSU Dog Therapy – 11am-1pm in the concourse, New Westminster Campus. Join the lovable therapy canines for some de-stressing before exams!
- Making Your Net Work – 5-7pm in room S4650 at the New Westminster Campus. Learn from alumni that have launched successful careers because of experiences and connections gained as co-op students. Free and open to all students.
Wednesday, March 13
- World of Dance – DancePLAY (World Fusion) – 4:30-5:30pm in the Movement Studio, New Westminster Campus. Stay healthy and happy by getting your feet moving to the beats of world music. No registration required.
Thursday, March 14
- DSU Dog Therapy – 11am-1pm, Coquitlam Campus AB atrium. Join the lovable therapy canines for some de-stressing before exams!
- Nothing more than feelings: German sturm und drang and empfindsamkeit – 1pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Presented by Arts at One, featuring Barrie Barrington on the piano.
- Masquerade party – 7:30-11pm in the DSU Building, New Westminster Campus. Presented by the DSU Anti Social Social Club. Masks will be provided at the door. For tickets, call 778 682 3289 / 604 721 1110.
Friday, March 15
- 7 Stories by Morris Panych – 7:30pm at the Douglas College Studio Theatre. Directed by Thrasso Petras and produced by the Departments of Theatre and Stagecraft & Event Technology, 7 Stories is a meta-theatrical black comedy. Shows run until March 22. Buy tickets here.
Saturday, March 16
- Choirs in Concert – 7:30pm at the Queens Avenue United Church, 529 Queens Ave, New Westminster. Directed by Eric Hannan and presented by the Music Department. Tickets available at the door.