Campus events: March 4–8
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, March 4
- Free DCBA Tax Clinic – 10am–5pm in the DSU Building, 1st floor, New Westminster Campus. The clinic is free for all Douglas College students and public (with income restrictions). On until April 30.
- New West Technology & Business Meetup – 6:30–9pm Anvil Office Tower (11 8th St., New Westminster), 9th floor, Room 910. Engage in discussions on Solving Social Challenges with Technology. Network with tech-entrepreneurs at this meetup as part of Innovation Week 2019.
Tuesday, March 5
- Citation sessions – 12–3pm on March 5 and 6 at the Douglas College Library, New Westminster and Coquitlam Campuses. Need help citing your sources? Attend special sessions and learn from our librarians.
- Artists’ talk: Chapan Snares Rabbits – 6:30pm at the Amelia Douglas Gallery, New Westminster Campus. Chapan is a Cree word for great-grandparents and also your descendants. Listen to artist Michelle Sound discuss the inspiration for her latest work, currently on display. Free & open to the public.
Wednesday, March 6
- World of Dance – Bhangra – 4:30–5.30pm in the Movement Studio, New Westminster Campus. Stay healthy and happy by getting your feet moving to the beats of Bhangra, music and dance from Punjab in India. No registration required.
Thursday, March 7
- Newcomer Employer Connections Event – 2–6pm in the atrium, Coquitlam Campus. Attend the Job to Career seminar, network with employers, get labour market updates and make connections at the Speed Networking session. Free event, registration is not required.
- Quiz Night in support of community mental health – 6:45–10pm in the main cafeteria, Coquitlam Campus. Show off your Trivial Pursuit (Canadian board game) skills at Quiz Night, hosted by Coquitlam Mayor Richard Stewart in support of the Douglas College Psychiatric Nursing Program. Presented by the Rotary Club of Coquitlam Sunrise and the Douglas College Foundation. Call 604 777 6335 to register your team of 4–6 people.
Friday, March 8
- Cinderella Waltz by Don Nigro – 7:30-9:30pm in the Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre at the New Westminster Campus. Part Monty Python, part Brothers Grimm, Don Nigro’s Cinderella Waltz, directed by Claire Fogal, is a twisted and hilarious retelling of the world’s most popular fairy tale, with dashes of Beauty and the Beast and Snow White thrown in. Buy tickets here.