Campus events: Feb 25-Mar 2
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, Feb. 25
- Flow Jam – 7-10pm in the Movement Studio, New Westminster Campus room N1313. Come dance, practice your routine, meet new people, shop and network! Bring your LED props! This is a glow party organized by the DSU Hoop Club.
Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Citation sessions – 12-3pm on Feb. 26 and 27 at the Douglas College Library, New Westminster and Coquitlam Campuses. Need help citing your sources? Attend special sessions and learn from our librarians.
- Black History Month event – 12:30-3pm in room N4233, New Westminster Campus. Celebrate Black History Month with guest speaker, Roger B. Jones, also known as ‘The Ability Guy’ who is an authority on disability culture and an active member of the African Canadian community.
- Balancing the scales: The role of fair dealing in Canada – 1-4:15pm in room 1400-1410, SFU Harbour Centre. Presentations and discussion aimed at demonstrating the value of fair dealing in a modern Canadian context, while highlighting the perspectives of diverse copyright stakeholders. Jointly presented with SFU, UBC, Langara, KPU, VCC and JIBC.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- Pink Shirt Day group photo – 11:30am in the Concourse, New Westminster Campus and the AB atrium, Coquitlam Campus. Take a stand against bullying and show your support by wearing pink for the annual Pink Shirt Day. Get a fun picture taken at the Pink Shirt Day photo booth organized by Student Life at both campuses. Tag your photo on social media with #pinkitforward and #studentlife for a chance to win a hoodie.
- Douglas College Career Fair – 10am-3pm on Feb 27 and 28 in the Concourse, New Westminster Campus. Find your future at the 29th annual Douglas College Career Fair. Meet recruiters hiring for part- and full-time positions.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- Chapan Snares Rabbits – 4:30pm-7:30pm at the Amelia Douglas Gallery, New Westminster Campus. Opening reception for the exhibition of new works by Michelle Sound. Light refreshments provided, cash bar available. Free & open to the public.
Friday, Mar. 1
- Counsellors’ Day – 8:30am-2pm in room A1470 and the Main Cafeteria at the Coquitlam Campus. An opportunity for high school counsellors, students and parents to gain information on the academic programs on offer at Douglas College. Register for the event here.
Saturday, Mar 2
- PechaKucha New West Vol.22 – 8pm-10pm in Anvil Centre Theatre, New Westminster. Ten presenters from a range of fields share their interesting projects, inspirations and passions. There’s only one catch – presenters get 20 images, 20 seconds each, making for a 6 minute and 40 second shot of ideas and inspiration. Buy tickets for the event here.