The IT crowd: Everything you need to know about CEIT services
As a Douglas College student, you have a variety of services available to you, including those provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology (CEIT).
Here’s what you need to know to start your semester with confidence:
1. Student ID card: You’ll need yours to borrow library materials and access our campuses outside regular hours. Also, when taking transit, you must carry your student ID card with your U-Pass BC on your Compass Card. If you don’t provide both when asked, you might get a fine and your Compass Card could be confiscated. Check when and where to get your student ID.
2. College Network Access (CNA) and Blackboard: To log in to the College computers, Wi-Fi, Blackboard, and other network-related services, use your CNA username (nine-digit student number) and password (for first access, your password will be generated randomly and emailed to you after you’re registered for at least one course). For the Wi-Fi, connect to the Douglas College Internal network.
NOTE: for security, change your randomly generated password when you first log in.
Blackboard Community provides one-stop access to online courses and academic resources. Find out what else it offers on the Student Resources section. To access Blackboard from douglascollege.ca, hover over the Login drop-down menu at the top and select Blackboard-Community. Use your CNA credentials to log in.
3. CNA Password Portal: Register your personal email address (not your College email address) or phone number at password.douglascollege.ca. If you ever forget your CNA password and use the Portal to reset and create a new password.
4. Microsoft Office 365: This Canadian cloud service gives all registered students free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, one terabyte of OneDrive storage and a new College email address. Use this email address and your CNA password to log in to Office 365. The Office 365 address is sent to the personal email you provided to Douglas College. Check more information and the FAQs for details.
5. myAccount: This portal provides essential information such as course registration, waitlists, tuition fees and more. To log in, use your 9-digit student number and PIN – your default pin is your birthdate (DDMMYY).
NOTE: You’ll be prompted to change this PIN upon first login. For security reasons, please create a PIN with 15-20 characters.
6. CEIT Support: Our Service Desk provides assistance with password/PIN resets, login issues and wireless connectivity, as well as technical support.
7. Printing: Every semester you may print up to 300 pages for free from any of the following areas: libraries, computer labs or the New West glassed-in area in the concourse. For extra copies, use the PayPrint stations at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New Westminster Campus) and room A2030 (Coquitlam Campus). Your quota is reset to 300 pages at the beginning of each semester. Consider the environment and print only what’s necessary.