Campus events: Nov. 5-9
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, Nov. 5
- Health Sciences Speaker Series – Nov. 5, 11am-12pm, Coquitlam Campus, Room B2170. Author Barbara Graham will discuss her novel, Miracle at the Border, which talks about her husband’s near death experience and their journey through the health-care system.
- Global Engagement Days – Nov. 5-9, 10am-6pm, New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses, Concourse and Atrium. Celebrate culture, food, music and more at our second annual Global Engagement Days. During the week, Douglas College will host film screenings, offer cultural activities, and hold panel discussions with subject-matter experts. Discover the world without leaving campus. Find the full schedule here – www.douglascollege.ca/GEdays
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- CCAA Women’s Soccer National Championship – Nov. 6-10, Percy Perry Stadium, Town Centre Park, Coquitlam. Douglas College will play host to the national championships featuring the best players in the sport.
- Citation Sessions – Nov. 6, 12-3pm, Douglas College Library (Coquitlam and New Westminster). Drop by the library at either campus and a librarian will help you with all your citation and research questions – as many as you have.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- Citation Sessions – Nov. 7, 12-3pm, Douglas College Library (Coquitlam and New Westminster). Drop by the library at either campus and a librarian will help you with all your citation and research questions – as many as you have.
- The Right to Choose Coffee House – Nov. 7, 2:30-4pm, New Westminster Campus, DSU Lounge, Room 201. At this DSU Women’s Collective Coffee House, explore the history of reproductive rights in Canada, the pro-choice movement, how the right to choose has empowered women to their own bodies and the challenges women still face today.