We’re bringing the world to campus
By Melissa Nilan, Marketing and Communications
In a world that is becoming increasingly more connected – when messages can be sent across the globe in an instant, travel is faster and cheaper, and businesses are expanding their borders – it’s more important than ever to understand how to make meaningful connections with people of different backgrounds. The first step to doing that is to open yourself up to new cultures and ways of life by exposing yourself to new experiences, engaging in conversations with new people, asking questions and appreciating other traditions.
From Nov. 5-9, Douglas College will host Global Engagement Days, an annual event that gives you opportunities to learn about other cultures without leaving campus.
So why should you go?
- You’ll meet new people: Make friends outside of your program.
- Exchange stories: Share your family’s culture with other students and learn about theirs in return.
- Experience the world without leaving campus: Enjoy dance and music performances, food, fashion, stories and more from places you have not had the opportunity to visit in person yet.
- Learn something new: Because that’s what higher education is all about.
- Get inspired: Find out about study abroad opportunities offered by Douglas.
Find out more about all the events happening at Global Engagement Days on our website. We hope to see you there!