Campus events: Oct. 22-27
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, Oct. 22
- Introduction to Open Journals – Oct. 22, 11:30am-12:20pm, New Westminster Campus, Library, Room N2100B. SFU Library’s Head of Digital Publishing will discuss the Open Journal System, the impact it’s having globally and opportunities for grassroots publishing project proposals at Douglas College.
- Finance Recruit – Oct. 22, 5-7pm, New Westminster Campus, Aboriginal Gathering Place, Room S4650. Recruiters from CIBC will be on campus to hire Douglas College students and alumni. For more information, see here.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- B.C. Referendum on Electoral Reform Speaker Event – Oct. 23, 6:30-8pm, New Westminster Campus, Aboriginal Gathering Place, Room S4650. SFU professor Eline de Rooij will shed light on the motivation behind the 2018 BC Referendum on Electoral Reform, what is at stake and the differences between the two options on the ballot. Details here.
- Douglas College Open Repository Open House – Oct. 23, 12-1pm, Coquitlam Campus Library, Room B1307. Scholarly Communications Librarian Gretchen will highlight the Douglas College Faculty Scholar pages, as well as the scholarly work collections of both students and faculty. Learn more about the steps involved to have your own work deposited and how you can contribute to the open access movement. Register here.
Thursday, Oct. 25
- Human Library – Oct. 25, 2:30-4:30pm, New Westminster Campus, Aboriginal Gathering Place. Sport Science student Hannah Sanvido will host a human library focused on diversity and inclusion in sport and physical activity. Various individuals will present their stories with the opportunity to ask questions after their presentation.
Friday, Oct. 26
- Implementing Opus – Oct. 27, 3:30-4:20pm, New Westminster Campus, Library, Room N2100B. Kwantlen Polytechnic University Scholarly Communications Librarian Karen Meijer Kline explains how Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) Library implemented OPUS – their Open Publishing Suite. Register here.