Campus Events: Oct. 15-20
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, Oct. 15
- Finance Recruitment – Oct. 15, 5-7pm, New Westminster Campus, Aboriginal Gathering Space, Room S4650. Recruiters from Westminster Savings Credit Union will be at the New Westminster Campus to hire Douglas College students and alumni. Click here for details.
- University of California, Riverside – Disney International Programs information session – Oct. 15, 10-11am, Room S2801 (New Westminster Campus) and 12:30-1:30pm, Room A2070 (Coquitlam Campus). Learn about the program from a UCR representative. Details on the program here.
Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Making Your Net Work – Oct. 16, 5pm, New Westminster Campus, Lower Cafe. Connect with alumni and learn about co-op.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Balancing Act: Revitalization Without Gentrification – Oct. 17, 6:30-8pm, New Westminster Campus, Room 2201. The physical landscape of New Westminster isn’t the only thing changing. With a boom in development, the city is also going through a cultural metamorphosis – one that isn’t welcomed by all. How can a community evolve to appeal to new buyers and businesses without pushing longtime residents out of the very place they call home? For more information, click here.
- Women in Politics: Intersectional Representation – Hosted by the Douglas College Student’ Union, Oct. 17, 2:30-4pm, Coquitlam Campus. DSU Women’s Collective Presents Women in Politics: Intersectional Representation as part of the Women’s Coffee Houses.