Campus events: Sept. 24-28
Don’t miss out – here’s what’s happening around campus this week!
Monday, Sept. 24
- SHIFT: Let’s end gender violence, Sept. 24-28, at the New Westminster Campus. The week-long event will put a spotlight on the issue of gender violence and include topics such as masculinity, intimate-partner violence, legacies of colonialism and rape culture through films and discussion. For more information and film times, see here: douglascollege.ca/shift
- Finance Recruitment at the New Westminster Campus, Aboriginal Gathering Space, 5-7pm. Bank of Montreal will be on campus looking to hire Douglas college students and alumni. Find out more here.
- Study abroad information session, New Westminster Campus, Concourse, 11am-3:30pm. A representative from University of California, Berkeley will be at New Westminster Campus on Monday, Sept. 24 to talk to students about the Summer Sessions program offered through Global Engagement.For more information, please contact Global Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- Volunteer Fair, 10am-4pm, New Westminster Campus, Concourse. Meet and network with organizations across the Lower Mainland looking to add volunteers from Douglas College. For more information, see here.
- r(evolve) by the 13th Story Productions, Sept. 26-28, 7pm, Anvil Centre, Loading Bay – Douglas College’s Bachelor of Performing Arts students present r(evolve), a interdisciplinary piece that utilizes movement, music, and text to explore the cyclical nature of every day life and the patterns that we all get caught in. For more, see here.