Seven things you need to know about CEIT services
By Nicole Chiu, Communications Coordinator, CEIT
As a Douglas College student, you have available a variety of services at your fingertips, including IT services provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology (CEIT).
Take a look at what you need to know to start your semester with confidence:
- Student ID card: You’ll need yours to pick up library materials and access our campuses outside regular hours. Also, when taking transit, you must carry your student ID card with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card. If you don’t provide both when asked, you might get a fine and your Compass Card could be confiscated. Check when and where to get your student ID.
- College Network Access (CNA) and Blackboard: To log in to the College computers, Wi-Fi, Blackboard, and other network-related services, use your CNA username (nine-digit student number) and password (for first access, your password will be generated randomly and emailed to you after you’re registered for at least one course). For the Wi-Fi, connect to the Douglas College Internal network.
NOTE: For security, change your randomly generated password on the first login.
Blackboard Community provides one-stop access to online courses and academic resources. Find out what else it offers with the Student Resources section.To access Blackboard from www.douglascollege.ca, hover over the Login drop-down menu at the top and select Blackboard-Community. Use your CNA credentials to log in.
- Email registration for password reset: Register your personal email address (not your College email address) at https://sspr-reg.douglascollege.ca. If you ever forget your CNA password and use the Self-Service Password Reset, a code will be sent to this address to verify your identity and allow you to create a new password.
- Microsoft Office 365: This Canadian cloud service gives all registered students free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, one terabyte of OneDrive space and a new College email address. Use this email address and your CNA password to log in to Office 365. The Office 365 address is sent to the personal email you provided to Douglas. Check more information and the FAQs for details.
- myAccount: myAccount provides essential tools, such as course registration, waitlists and tuition fees. To log in, use your 9-digit student number and PIN –by default, your 6-digit birthdate (DDMMYY).
NOTE: You’ll be prompted to change this PIN at your first access. For security reasons, please create a PIN with 15-20 characters.
- CEIT Support: Our Service Counters provide student ID cards and in-person assistance with password/PIN resets, login issues and wireless connectivity. If you have difficulty with College-owned technology, you can also contact the Help Desk.
- Printing: Every semester you may print up to 300 pages for free from any machine (libraries, computer labs or the New West glassed-in area in the concourse). For extra copies, use the PayPrint stations at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New West) and room A2270 (Coquitlam). Your quota is reset to 300 pages at the beginning of each semester. Consider the environment and print only what’s necessary.
For complete information about Douglas IT services, check GET IT – IT Services for Students.