By Glauce Fleury, Communications and Publications Specialist, CEIT
As a Douglas College student, you have access to a variety of services to help you thrive. Some of them are the IT services provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology (CEIT). Take a look at what you need to know to start your semester with confidence.
- Student ID card: you’ll need yours to pick up library materials and access our campuses outside regular hours. Also, when taking transit, you must carry your student ID card with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card. If you don’t provide both when asked, you might get a fine and your Compass Card could be confiscated. Check when and where to get your student ID.
- Email registration for password reset: register your personal email address (not your College email address) at https://sspr-reg.douglascollege.ca. If you ever forget your College Network Access (CNA) password and use the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR), a code will be sent to the email registered to verify your identity and allow you to create a new password, without depending on the Help Desk.
- College Network Access (CNA): to log in to the College computers, Wi-Fi, U-Pass BC on Compass Card and other network-related services, your username is your 9-digit student number. If you’re a new student, your password will be generated randomly, and emailed to you when you’re registered for at least one course. Please change it when you first log in to a Douglas computer to make sure only you know it (or refer to SSPR in step 2). This password must have at least 15 characters. To make it easier to remember, use a passphrase — a sequence of random words that may contain mixed case, numbers and punctuation, for example, NeverWenttoBali!
NOTE: the network to connect to the Wi-Fi is Douglas College Internal.
- Office 365: this Canadian cloud service gives registered students free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and several other applications. Besides, you’re provided with 1 Terabyte of OneDrive storage space and a College email address. Use this email address and your CNA password to log in. The exact address can be found under Personal Information in myAccount. Check more information and the FAQs.
- myAccount and Blackboard: myAccount gives you access to information such as myPath, course registration and waitlists. Blackboard gives students taking online or hybrid courses access to materials uploaded by instructors — become familiar with the Student Resources section. For access from www.douglascollege.ca, hover over the Login drop-down menu at the top of the home page and click your option. To log in to myAccount, your user ID is your 9-digit student number. Your PIN is, by default, your 6-digit birthdate (DDMMYY), but you’ll be prompted to change it at your first login. For security reasons, please create a PIN with at least 15 characters by creating a passphrase. You won’t be able to reuse a PIN.
NOTE: Blackboard requires the same credentials used for myAccount.
- CEIT Support: our Service Counters provide student ID cards, and assistance with password/PIN resets, login issues and wireless connectivity. If you ask them for assistance with any password services, please provide your student ID card or government ID card. If you have difficulty with College-owned technology, you can also contact the Help Desk.
- Printing: every semester you may print up to 300 pages for free from any machine (libraries, computer labs or the New West glassed-in area in the concourse). For extra copies, use the PayPrint stations at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New West) and room A2270 (Coquitlam). Your quota is reset to 300 pages at the beginning of each semester. Considering the environment, print only what’s necessary.
For complete information about our IT services, check GET IT – IT Services for Students