As a Douglas College student, you have access to a variety of services to help you thrive. Some of them are the IT services provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology (CEIT). Take a look at what you need to know to start your semester with confidence.
1. Student ID card: You’ll need yours to pick up library materials and access our campuses outside regular hours. Also, when taking transit, you must carry your student ID card with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card. If you don’t provide both when asked, you might get a fine and your Compass Card could be confiscated. Check when and where to get your student ID.
2. College Network Access: To log in to the College computers, Wi-Fi and other network-related services, use your CNA username — your 9-digit student number — and password — by default, your 6-digit birthdate (DDMMYY). For the Wi-Fi, connect to the Douglas College Internal network.
NOTE: For security, change your default password on the first login.
3. Email registration for password reset: Register your personal email address (not your College email address) at https://sspr-reg.douglascollege.ca. If you ever forget your CNA password and use the Self-Service Password Reset, a code will be sent to this address to verify your identity and allow you to create a new password.
4. Office 365: This Canadian cloud service gives to all registered students free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 1 Terabyte of OneDrive space and a new College email address. Use this email address and your CNA password to log in. The exact address is sent to the personal email you provided to Douglas. Check more information and the FAQs.
5. myAccount and Blackboard: myAccount provides useful information such as course registration, waitlists and tuition fees. Blackboard gives students taking online or hybrid courses access to materials uploaded by instructors — become familiar with the Student Resources section.
NOTE: For access from www.douglascollege.ca, hover over the Login drop-down menu at the top and click your option. Your myAccount credentials are your 9-digit student number and 6-digit birthdate. Blackboard requires the same credentials used for myAccount. Remember this after changing the default myAccount PIN.
6. CEIT Support: Our Service Counters provide student ID cards, and assistance with password/PIN resets, login issues and wireless connectivity. If you have difficulty with College-owned technology, you can also contact the Help Desk.
7. Printing: Every semester you may print up to 300 pages for free from any machine (libraries, computer labs or the New West glassed-in area in the concourse). For extra copies, use the PayPrint stations at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New West) and room A2270 (Coquitlam). Your quota is reset to 300 pages at the beginning of each semester. Considering the environment, print only what’s necessary.
For complete information about our IT services, check GET IT – IT Services for Students.