On Nov. 11, people across Canada will pay their respects to the members of the armed forces who served this country.
To mark the occasion, Douglas College will hold a Remembrance Day poetry competition. The contest is open to all students enrolled at Douglas.
The top-three submissions will each receive a prize. The first-place winner will receive a $300 tuition credit, while the second- and third-place winners will receive a $150 and $100 Bookstore voucher, respectively.
- We will accept original and unpublished poems in English, on the themes of war, peace, and remembrance.
- Poems should be typed and no longer than 30 lines.
- Include name, student number, email and telephone number on a separate title page paper-clipped to your poem. Only your student number should appear on the poem itself.
- Deadline for submissions is Nov. 4, 2016.
- Submit your poem to the drop box in the LLPA office, or by email to Leah Hjalte.
- Judging will be done by instructors from the Creative Writing Department.
- Winners will be announced on Remembrance Day, Nov. 11, 2016. Winning entries may appear on the Doug Blog.