What are you doing in 2017?
We’re planning field schools in Hawaii and the Philippines in Winter 2017, and in Belize, Scotland, Switzerland and Wales in Summer 2017. Join us for an amazing experience!
Field schools are amazing opportunities to study abroad for a few days to a few weeks, depending on the program. Courses are taught by Douglas College instructors and, depending on the program, an instructor from one of our partner institutions.
Virtually all field school courses are university transferable.
You’ll spend part of the program studying at Douglas before travelling overseas with your instructors and classmates to complete the program.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A Douglas College student eligible to take the courses offered in the field school. Qualified students from other institutions are welcome to apply, but must first gain admission to Douglas College.
- 18 years of age or older prior to departure.
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 by application deadline. If you do not meet this requirement, you’ll need to get approval from the program’s lead faculty member.
- A passport holder or able to obtain a passport
- Able to obtain a visa, as necessary, to the field school’s destination
$2,500-$4,000 per student, depending on the program. The fee usually includes airport transfer at the destination, use of classroom facilities at the partner institution, tuition for any courses taught by a partner institution, program field trips, shared accommodations, and most meals (depending on the program).
Airfare, passport and visa applications, fees for Douglas College courses, travel medical insurance (mandatory), airport transfers in Vancouver, textbooks and personal spending are extra.
Eligible students can receive up to $1,500 to cover their field school costs.
Visit Fields Schools for details.