Communications and Publications Specialist, CEIT
As a Douglas College student, you have available a variety of services to help you thrive. One of them is the IT services provided by the Centre for Educational and Information Technology. Take a look at what you need to know to start your classes with confidence.
· Logins: To log in to the College computers, Wi-Fi, Blackboard, myAccount and myDouglas, you’ll need a username and password. Your username/user ID is your 9-digit student number. Your password/PIN, by default, is your 6-digit birthdate (DDMMYY). For the Wi-Fi, connect to the Douglas College Internal network. For myAccount, myDouglas and Blackboard, go to www.douglascollege.ca. At the top, hover over the Login drop-down menu and select your option. Note: to protect your account, after the first login, change your password.
· Printing: You may print up to 300 pages free of charge per semester from any machine (libraries, computer labs or the New West fishbowl). If you need to print beyond that, PayPrint stations are available at both campus libraries, room N6212 (New West) and room A2270 (Coquitlam). At the beginning of each semester, your quota will be reset to 300 pages. Considering the environment, make sure you print only what’s necessary and pick up your copies, so they don’t go to waste.
· CEIT Service Counters: They provide student ID cards, password/PIN resets, and assistance with login issues and wireless connectivity. In New West, go to room N2100B (inside the library). In Coquitlam, go to room B1250.
· Blackboard: If you take online or hybrid courses, you’ll use Blackboard. In this Learning Management System, you’ll have access to course materials uploaded by your instructor and some communications tools. Take a look at the Student Resources section and watch the tutorials to become familiar with this system.
· Office 365 ProPlus: As part of the College licensing agreement, Microsoft provides Office 365 ProPlus free of charge to all active full- or part-time students. Signing up reflects a personal agreement between you and Microsoft for the duration of your time at Douglas. You’ll have access to Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel and OneDrive in the cloud.
You can find more information about our IT services at GET IT – IT Services for Students. Download this guide and have it at hand. In case of doubts, please contact the CEIT Help Desk at 604 527 5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org