You’ve honed your resume. You’ve perfected your LinkedIn profile. You’ve even created your own business cards.
Now it’s time to take the next big step to advance your career: Get out there and network, network, network.
That’s where the Fab 40 networking night comes in. The April 30 event is an opportunity for business students to meet and mingle with some of B.C.’s top employers.
Douglas College business students who want to attend are now being invited to apply for 10 available spots.
Those selected from Douglas will join 30 of their peers from Langara College, Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Vancouver Island University.
How to apply
- Create a two-minute YouTube video which will convince the judging panel as to why you should be a student ambassador representing Douglas College at the Fab 40 networking event. Incorporate some or all of the following into your video clip: Why you chose Douglas. Why you want to be involved in this networking event. What you want to do when you graduate.
- Email your full name, student number and program name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizers will confirm you have met competition requirements and provide you with a username and password to upload your YouTube video.
- Open to students in the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration who are in their final semester and will meet graduation requirements by April 24.
- YouTube video submission deadline is Friday, March 13 at 4:30pm.
- Judging of submissions to be completed by Wednesday, March 25 at 4:30 pm.
- Celebration of the 10 winning participants will take place at Douglas College’s Aboriginal Gathering Place, New Westminster Campus, on Thursday, March 26 at 4pm.
- The Fab 40 networking night takes place Thursday, April 30 from 5-7pm at Steamworks brew pub in Vancouver. You can visit the event website at http://fab40.weebly.com/
For more information, contact Barb Kojder at the Student Employment Centre by email or phone, 604 527 5890.